Over at Femme Thou Art, there is a new auction - Fairy Tale themed art. I have am 8.5 x 11.5"watercolour painting called Briar Rose - follow the link to...
Copy + Paste….
Anyway, I’d like to push my skills towards more RPG game card art and cover art, but also take a step back and pull out my watercolours and acrylic paints (as I’ve mostly been doing digital paintings for the last few years)
My goals are relatively fluid at the moment
- improving narratives/ storytelling through character and composition
- improving my composition skills (in general, might look at Loomis as a starting point)
- trying to get more dynamics into my paintings (dynamic poses, interesting POV)
- improving my values (so they aren’t so flat, stuff like chiaroscuro and the likes)
- simplify my colour palettes
- participate in sketchfest regularly (to keep the traditional drawing skills fresh & try new things)
- learn to draw horses (so I can go to unicorns and pegasus)
- dragons … of all kinds, and more than just a head!
- paint a cartoon character in the style of a realistic painter (like the Disney princesses exercises that happened a few years ago)
- sci-fi ships/ concept art / character concepts – like you see in game art concept books
- more character concepts – different types of ethnicities, races, roles etc